Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Fencing..?

My parents are finally going to let me get a horse but first we have to put a fence up. I was wondering what the best kind of fence would be for 2 horses? I don't want it to be to expensive since I want to be able to help my parents out with it.|||I like PVC fencing best. It's extremely low maintenance, and while it will cost a lot initially, you won't have to be maintaining it all the time like you would with a wooden fence. That will save you money and time in the long run.





Some folks in my area use just a few strands of electric tape as their fencing, but I don't think I could ever do that myself. My choice would be PVC fencing with a strand of electric tape at the top.





Ramm is a good PVC fence brand - here is a link so you can get an idea. Keep in mind that you don't need to get a name brand fence like this, though - there are lower cost types out there.





http://www.rammfence.com/fence/categorie鈥?/a>|||woodedfencing|||it really depends on how many acres they will be on.up to two acres i would use wood fencing.three to five acres i would use hot tape fencing and six and above i would use barb wire fencing for money savings.but check in your area to see what fencing costs,wood fencing is sometimes cheaper in some areas and sometimes wire is cheaper so it depends on where you live.|||electric fending is fine but you probably want to use something nice and substantial round the outside maybe put electric strand on the inside or to divide up the park. use pos and rail if u can but its expensive and takes alot of upkeep. post and wire would be ok if u like. just avoid sheep wire or barbed wire!!!!!!|||For 4 acres they have at Tractor supply this stuff its called barbless wire. Its thick like barb wire but without the barbs if you are against barbed wire. Personally one of my 3 acre pastures is barbed wire but has a strand of shock wire at the top and it is about and inch closer in the pasture than the barbed wire and I also did the same thing on the bottom that way they can't get to the barbed wire. Personally I dont like hot tape. Alot of things can go wrong. I like just regular aluminum wire ran on a shock box. get metal t posts put them in the ground and run wire about 4-5 strands depending on how tall you want it. Horses can hear the shock in the wire and wont go near it.|||depends on how many acres and what type horses [how hot,how young] and whats on the other side of fence....a small area use pressure treated posts, wire fence and a strand of barb wire or elect tape on top...i have 20 acres and use 3 strands barb..where the pasture meats the woods...horses dont try to go there because theres no other horses to visit and no food there..along common pastures i use pressure posts and 3 boards [rough cut 2 by 6 posts abt 9 ft apart and 10 ft boards... if you have lots of cash...best looking and safest is vinyl covered wood or pure vinyl|||wood fence|||well, my parents are also going to let me bring my horse on to our property, and we are doing electric. eventually, we might upgrade, but electric is like the cheapest|||At my barn we have woodent posts with plastic coated thick wires* and in our ring we have pvc fencing*. I think those two are the best options, barbed wire can slice up your horse.





*plastic coated wire fencing:


http://www.maxflex.com/art_maxflex/suprc鈥?/a>





* pvc fencing:https://www.academyfence.com/images/pvc/鈥?/a>|||I have just fenced my property. The absolute best is 4 rail wood fencing, but that is really expensive. My next sugestion for you would be the redwire 4X4 meshed wire. it is the safest for the cheapest. NO BARBED WIRE OR ELECTRIC FENCING!!!





good luck!!|||I'd suggest post and rail with a strand of electric across the top.


Depends a lot on what you can afford really but don't go for barbed wire.|||PVC or electric, because they are some of the cheaper and durable options. We have electric for ours.|||well my hudbands a fencer r u looking for some one to install it to

No comments:

Post a Comment