Thursday, November 24, 2011

What is the most dangerious type of fencing?

Foil, Epee, Or Sabre?





currently i am fencing Foil. i have on a 3 weapon mask, plastron, jacket, padded gloves, but no knickers just sweatpants. is this enough protection is it possible to get severely hurt with this equipment on? |||nothing


|||No, fencing is completely safe!


It depends on your opinion about which weapon is the "most dangerous".


I suppose that It could be considered sabre (my weapon), but that's usually the weapon that is the most fast paced, and sabre fencers tend to be a bit more aggressive.


Still, the worse injury that I've ever received was a metal splinter, or a bad bruise-take your pick.


And, the worse injury that I've ever seen was a sprained ankle from someone retreating too fast.





You can never really be prepared for everything, but you should be fine. I fence both epee and foil for fun as well as sabre as my weapon of choice. All three are very safe and you should come to no major harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment