Thursday, November 24, 2011

Where can I find good fencing equipment?

I would like to start fencing, but I have no idea what to buy. I was thinking that I would just get a basic foil, but then do I get the hardcover? (what is the hard cover anyway?) Is there a certain type of foil I should start with or are they all pretty much the same? Is there a specific handle I should be looking for? A certain brand? Thanks in advance.|||You should take fencing lessons before you buy anything.





It was almost a year before I bought my own equipment.





Also, keep in mind that there are 3 weapons, you may not choose the foil as your favorite. (mine is sabre!)





I buy all my stuff online at:


www.absolutefencinggear.com





They make their own fencing gear and sell other brands as well.





As for preferences on types of weapons and such:


it is up to you, you'll have to find out which you prefer.





Again, I suggest that you get lessons first. This way you will truly know what to buy.|||I would second Coach BaBa's comments about trying out the sport long before you purchase anything. The equipment it self is not always cheap and it can add up quickly as there is quite a bit of gear.





Your club should be able to out fit you at least for club sessions and possibly some tournaments

Report Abuse


|||Well it depends on your budget,


Absolutefencing is a cheap brand buy clothing shoes gloves masks from them, just don't buy their wepons!


Leon Paul is the best brand by far there is no compotition, go to LeonPaul.com and find out.


Fencing.net is a nice brand and i love my epees i bought from them

Report Abuse


|||You can buy it from


http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8%26amp;鈥?/a>


Hope this helps


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment