Wednesday, November 30, 2011

For Fencers only: Why do you do fencing? What are some life lessons you have learned?

Im trying to convice my parents into letting me do fencing why do you do fencing? What are some life lessons you have learned? Anything eles that might help?|||Fencing is a great sport.


I started three years ago because I needed some sort of exercise.


I was very surprised to find out how great of a work-out fencing really is!


I am not at all athletic, but thanks to fencing I am in pretty good shape, and am getting better everyday. I went down three pant sizes!





Besides being a great work-out, fencing is a great sport because anyone can do it!


We are like a big family at my fencing club, we celebrate birthdays and holidays together!





One of the best lessons that fencing has to offer is respect. Everyone gets respect in fencing. The teachers are called coach, and you are sir or ma'am...|||Fencing is a sport that is not just a good workout, but also a mental sport. It enhances reactions, both physically and mentally. Like any sport, it is a great way to stay active and hang out with people of similar interests. Many people think fencing is dangerous, but they require you to wear protective gear. So, tell your mom that. Also, it is better than being bored and accidentally (or purposefully) getting into trouble...tell your mom that, too.|||You learn to plan multiple moves out in advance, you work out muscles that very few other sports use, while also working on most of the major muscles..





Fencers are a close knit family, you gain friendships that last years, once you practice, you can go to tournaments all over the country or world (depending on your skill level)

No comments:

Post a Comment