Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What kind of shape do you need to be in for fencing?

I'm about to go off to college and I plan to join the fencing club or take a class at least. I've never attempted fencing before and I want to be prepared. Should I be in the best shape of my life for this or should I at least build up my endurance or stamina?|||I did fencing for years, and it is pretty hard. You need to focus on your leg muscles, especially your thighs. You're lg will be bent whenever you fence so this is absolutely necessary. Also, endurance can't hurt, you're coach wil be making you go non-stop. Then one other thing is your grip, but only if you fight sabre (you may know this, but fencing actually has three divisions: foil, epee, and sabre). Finally, work on reaction, because quickness is what separates you from the pack, and try to find a way not to sweat so much because it gets sweaty in your lame (pronounced "lameh" not "lame") Hope you found this helpful :)|||To be honest, if you are just doing fencing for fun I don't think it really matters. However, it wouldn't hurt if you ran a extra few laps every day.


You will naturally build up stamina and endurance in fencing training.


But if you are planning on entering competitions then it would definitely be wise to build up endurance and stamina.|||I've never fenced but I've heard you have to have really strong legs. You should probably do lots of squats and lunges to prepare.|||I tried fencing and the rigors of training weren't that bad, but I really got annoyed with getting poked in the ribs by that darn foil! So I threw in the towel after about 2 weeks.|||It doesnt matter what shape your in, fencing will get you in better shape, if your gonna workout for a certain sport then the best way to do it is to do that certain sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment