Thursday, November 24, 2011

Has anyone had any expereince with fake wood fencing, or vinyl fencing?

How do they compare price and durability wise to real wood fencing?|||I would have used the plastic wood fencing system on my current project, but the price was over my budget. I think in the long run it is actually cheaper to maintain as there actually is no maintenance as opposed to the redwood I used which will require annual water seal application. I went with the steel posts and redwood rails and slats. If you want a maintenance free fence that will last for over 30 years (I think that's what the one I was considering were warrantied for), then You will be better off with the plastic wood.|||I bought vinyl fencing and it is much easier and cheaper to maintain in the long run as you don't have to paint it just wash it down and always looks fresher.|||Its OK, unless you live in ARIZONA, vinyl and superheat don't mix|||I have experience installing real wood fencing, I bought it at Home Depot, it is pretty inexpensive, you buy them in 6 or 8 foot lengths. Easy to install, just use wood screws, they will last a few years, and longer if you use a sealer to keep the moisture out. The fake wood or vinyl wood be good, but if you buy the white vinyl the sun would probably give it a beating and cause fading.

No comments:

Post a Comment