Thursday, November 24, 2011

Where can I find Rennaisance-Style Fencing Clubs in the Southeastern United States?

I have found many websites pointing me in the direction of "olympic-style" fencing. However, I am part of a Fencing Club at the University of West Florida where we teach/study/fight in the style of Rennaisance-era duelists. Olympic-style Fencing is nto something we do. I am trying to find other like-minded clubs, either in the Southeast, or somewhere in the country to correspond with. If anyone has any links, or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.|||Hiya,





Swordplay Alliance is in Georgia and Tennessee. The southernmost class is in Kennesaw. I'm working on starting a class in Warner Robins, so we're headed your way. You can check us out on the web. We have information, and even some video. There is a contact email as well. Hope to hear from you soon!|||Look up ARMA- the Association for Renaciance Martial Arts.


http://www.thearma.org/





AEMMA- Academy for european medieval martial arts


http://www.aemma.org/


(although they are primarily based outside of the U.S.)





or you can call the guy I do know of in NYC who does teach traditional rapier and ask him if he knows of anyone where you are.





Maestro Martinez -


http://www.martinez-destreza.com/|||Greetings. Have you ever heard of the SCA? I am sure there is a branch in your area. We do anything that was done prior to the 1600's, including medieval fencing and sword fighting. I have yet to try fencing, I am a heavy fighter (sword fighter) and I also throw knives and tomahawks. It never hurts to check our group out www.sca.org I think that the "kingdom" you would belong to would be either Meridies or Trimaris.

No comments:

Post a Comment