Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I make an INEXPENSIVE FENCE out of used chainlink fencing?

I have 3 dogs. I need to fence in part of my yard so they won't run loose. My husband was given several rolls of chain link fencing. What do I need to buy in order to anchor the fence to the ground? What kind of time frame should I plan for this to take? Will my husband and I be able to complete it or will he need additional help? Will this project involve concrete?


Thanks, y'all...|||Installing chain link fence is not reallyeasy , especially if you have not done it before. You can rent the necessary tools (post hole diggers, stretchers etc). Rolls of chain link fence are a portion of the complete fence, but certainly not the complete fence. You need line posts, corner posts, top rails, brackets, twist ties, caps and other materials. For dog runs, cementing the posts is almost necessary.


To learn more, why not call a couple fence companies and tell them you need to put in a dog run. You might also tell them about hte fence materials you have and ask if they can reuse it to keep the costs down. They can give you the options and costs of materials and labor.


After receiving the quotes and learning about the installation process you will then be able to determine if you have the knowledge, time, and ability to do the work yourself.|||Depends on the dogs. Big, heavy dogs can push over a weak fence. Smaller ones can't. Use the corner walls of your yard so that you only need to build two more walls out of the chain link. I would recommend using steel pipe set in the ground with cement. You would need at least 4. The corner anchors and the two that will make up the door. Fencing hardware is fairly cheap. You could even save some money by just securing the fence to the post with wire, but you will still need to invest in the hardware you need to make the door. The people at the hardware store will show you what you need. Good luck. Remember, if you put the fence on dirt they will dig out from underneath. I'd say a weekend would be enough time if you use concrete so that it has time to set.|||Well I don't know material you need but if you don't like how the final product comes out plant bushes that are known to crawl up. This will give the look of a hedge.





I hope everything works out fine!|||You should get a tool to dig hole for poles. You should put some cement in the hole and buy some poles. Cement the poles in and when they are ready attach your fence to the poles.

No comments:

Post a Comment